Saturday, November 12, 2011

Gingerbread Architecture: An Amazing Holiday Tradition

What is your favorite handmade holiday tradition? Mine are the spectacular gingerbread "houses" that my sister and her family put together every year! They are so amazing in complexity, size, detail and architectural accuracy. In the past years they have created a myriad of different buildings including the Eiffel Tower and Rockefeller Center. I have included pictures below of these fantastic creations, enjoy!


Gingerbread Rockefeller Center


Close up of the ice skating rink complete with ice skaters!

 
Aerial view of the ice skating rink






Gingerbread Eiffel Tower











For more fun and inspiring handmade holiday traditions from the Etsy Greetings Team follow the arrows below and enjoy the blog hop!






13 comments:

  1. These are incredible! Look at the Eiffel Tower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, pretty clearly, I need to meet your sister! What an inspiration!!

    Cheers from FarFlungCards

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! These are fantastic. I can only imagine the amount of time the goes into this type of thing... and I'd probably be way off. :) I love the aerial view of the ice skating rink.

    Cheers,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! That is all I can say. I am intimidated by the gingerbread houses that come in a kit. I can't imagine the insane amount of work that goes into something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool! All of the details you included are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow these are amazing. Love all the details but I especially like the skating rink. I have only made one and it was tiny. Thanks for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are amazing! What wonderful detail. Such a cool idea to spend family time. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all the color! They are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing!! Bright and cheerful and gosh, they're beautiful! Thanks for sharing, Fiona!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow Fiona! these are amazing!! the iceskating ring is fantastic!! yummy too...i wouldnt want to eat them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, is right! I can't even imagine all the time and planning that is involved in building those edible delights. But, what a way to spend time together as a family.

    Thanks for sharing ♥

    -Kate

    ReplyDelete